Saturday, January 7, 2012

Apple Crisp

Apple Crisp

Jeff and Leah

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

So first of all I cut up apples.  Make a nice thick layer. Drizzle some maple syrup over it, and I added some apple sauce because my apples were dry.

Topping

Magic Bullet some almonds, till it looks like you have enough to top it, I did some more roughly to add some volume to the crisp. Add about HALF as much cashews and magic bullet that roughly.
Mix it with some oats, I did about half nuts and half oats. 
Take some coconut oil and mix it in till it seems like the consistency of regular apple crisp.
Add about two tablespoons of maple syrup, add some unsweetened coconut.
Then I added cloves, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg.

TASTE AS YOU GO AND ADD MORE SPICES ACCORDINGLY.

At the end I was worried it wouldn't be sweet enough and I drizzled some syrup over the top. In the end I don't know if it was necessary.

1. Sprinkle nut mixture evenly over the apples
2. Cover dish with tin foil
3. Bake till you can see the apples bubbling
4. Remove tin foil and let nuts start to brown, and poke your apples with a fork and make sure they are soft.
5. You can serve warm with coconut ice cream or my yummy coconut whipping cream!

1 comment: