Sunday, January 8, 2012

Paleo Pumpkin Muffins

by Ashley and Caleb

Ok. So I miss baked goods. Sue me. I went in search of a way to use up our copious amounts of canned pumpkin and came across some good flour-free recipes. And some not-so-good ones. But this is one of the good ones. Adapted from the Frisky Lemon blog, who in turn adapted it from Caveman Food. So there you have it. I have given credit where credit is due.

Paleo Pumpkin Muffins

1 1/2 cups almond meal
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 eggs
1/4 cup maple syrup
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add eggs, vanilla, and maple syrup. When these are combined, add pumpkin. Add cranberries and pecans. Divide batter evenly into lined muffin tin and bake for 20-25 minutes. I can never tell if these are done, so good luck! Ha ha. Just kidding. Kind of. If the toothpick comes out mostly clean, they are done.

Advice: Don't use less than 1/4 cup maple syrup. I tried. Just trust me on this. You can sure add more if you want though. I highly recommend lining the tin (as opposed to greasing it) as these are very hard to get out in once piece. Also, sometimes I throw some 80% dark chocolate chunks in there in place of the cranberries. Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment