Friday, January 6, 2012

Grilled Sweet Potato Salad

So I started this blog so we can share all the delicious and healthy recipes we have been discovering on our quest for health.  So cheesy I couldn't help myself  :)

So I figured as we found some awesome recipes that were tried and true we could add them here and then others could enjoy!  Feel free to adapt and comment if you found a way you liked it better.  I just don't want to get stuck in a rut and I figure if we are all discovering good tasting awesomeness why wouldn't we share it?

I will start:

Grilled Sweet Potato Salad

Jeff and Leah

Makes about 4-6 Servings

2 LARGE sweet potatoes, about 2 lbs
1/4 c vinaigrette dressing (I used Newman's Own Olive Oil it has no sugar!)
Kosher Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
1/2 c sliced green onions
2-3 T thinly sliced Fresh Basil
2 tsp Fresh Thyme
1/2 c crumbled Feta

Preheat oven 425 degrees.

1. Cube potatoes and toss in the vinaigrette till coated.
2. Lay on a cookie sheet and bake until the potatoes are starting to get soft.
3. Switch the oven to a low broil and add green onions and fresh herbs
4. Finish broiling till potatoes have finished and are soft all the way through and slightly crispy on the outside.
5. Remove from oven and add feta, toss while still warm.

I have made this recipe with dried herbs, not as good, but still delish!

You can serve on a bed of fresh salad and just add more of the same dressing to the bed of lettuce and top with the sweet potatoes.  Seriously suprising how yummy this is!

No comments:

Post a Comment