Saturday, January 7, 2012

Peanut Butter Banana Muffins

I am obviously pretty excited... I got this recipe off of Annie's Eats, and changed it..... Of course.........
 It turned out pretty good, I would have cooked it longer then I did, make sure the toothpicks come out clean. 

Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Muffins



Jeff and Leah

yield: about 18 muffins

Bake: 350 degrees

1 3/4 cups Whole Grain Flour ( I love spelt in desserts, it is so fluffy)
1 cup Old Fashioned Oats
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Salt
2 tbsp Applesauce
 3/4 cup Maple Syrup (or honey, or brown rice syrup)
2 Large Eggs
1 cup Mashed Banana
6 tbsp Peanut Butter ( I wished I'd added more)
1 cup Coconut Milk

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Prepare your muffin tin
3. In medium mixing bowl combine dry ingredients
4. In large mixing bowl whisk together wet ingredients
5. Pour dry ingredients slowly into wet ingredients and mix until smooth.
6. Divide evenly between muffin tin. 
7. Bake 18-20 min, or until toothpick comes out clean.
8. Allow to cool in pan 5-10 min then transfer to wire rack to cool.

I didn't let them cool enough and I didn't cook them long enough, so do that. :)  Also her recipe called for brown sugar instead of maple syrup and buttermilk instead of coconut milk.  So depending on your needs feel free to try the other ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment